The World’s Pictorial Magazine is a media outlet for a curious global citizen. The magazine publishes stories around the world, sheds light on the current phenomena and deepens the news stream. Exploring World’s Pictorial Magazine will build trust in our world. The hope will flourish.
The print version of the World’s Pictorial Magazine is published by Finnish Development NGOs Fingo four times a year. Respected writers and photographers from both Finland and abroad take part in creating the magazine. We believe in unique reportage, insightful stories and in articles that expand the understanding of our world.
We share the print magazine’s articles free on our website so everyone can access quality information. In addition, we create original stories that can only be read online. The articles of World’s Pictorial Magazine reach over 120 000 readers annually.
We are more than a magazine, we are a family. We connect with our readers by organizing events. We take our readers with us to different worlds by arranging movie screenings in cinema. In our World-class clubs professionals from different fields engage in a thought-provoking discussion and the night ends with performances from talented entertainers.
The World’s Pictorial Magazine includes:
• Humane and insightful stories from different countries
• Information about the situation of different groups of people in the world economy and politics
• High-quality photoreports by skilled photographers from Finland and abroad
• Touching reportages from crisis areas
• Influential personal stories
• Analysis of current phenomena
The World’s Pictorial Magazine has been awarded in multiple different competitions. Here are some examples:
Editkilpailu – a competition for the Finnish magazines
- Best feature story of 2018, General interest magazine -category: Taina Tervonen’s reportage from Agadez
- Magazine of the year, General interest magazine -category: Honorable mention 2017 and 2018
- Digital solution of the year 2015: Reformed website maailmankuvalehti.fi
- Kehitysjournalismin palkinto (in English: Development Journalism Award): 2021, Karoliina Knuuti and Mika Niskanen article about distribution of carbon dioxide emissions in the world
- Kunnioittavasti köyhyydestä – tunnustus (in English: Respectfully of Poverty – award) 2021: Heidi Nummi’s article about how it is to be poor in Finland today
- Vuoden laatulehti -kilpailu (in English: The Quality Magazine of the Year) 2010: Honorable mention